- 4 Portions
- 1 hr 30 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced onion
6 cloves garlic (minced)
1kg Dewfresh ground beef
1 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
1 tbsp steak seasoning
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
10 slices Dewfresh streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, sauté for 4 – 5 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the ground beef, eggs, thyme, steak seasoning, balsamic vinegar and breadcrumbs to a large bowl.
- Add the cooked onion and garlic, then use your hands to combine everything. Once the mixture is combined, weave the 10 strips of bacon together on a cutting board.
- Place the meatloaf mixture on top of the bacon. Wrap the bacon around the meatloaf.
- Grab a metal baking rack, and place on the bottom of the meatloaf. Flip the meatloaf over onto the baking rack, then place the baking rack on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.