Leek, potato and bacon soup
- 4 Portions
- 30 mins
350g cleaned leeks, finely sliced
350g peeled potato, thinly sliced
225g Dewfresh bacon
850ml chicken stock
freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
single cream (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Add potatoes, leeks and Dewfresh bacon. Saute for 15 – 20 minutes or until potatoes and leeks soften, but do not brown.
- Stir in chicken stock and season with pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Microwave milk for 1 minute.
- Pour soup into a liquidiser and process for 30 seconds. Transfer back to the pan and stir in the warm milk.
- Remove from heat and ladle into soup bowls. Swirl with single cream, if desired.